Kombucha is the new wave of tea sweeping across America’s nutritional counterculture. However, kombucha has been a norm in Chinese culture for several centuries. Kombucha is a tea that has been fermented with a combination of yeast and acetic acid bacteria known as “scoby”. The scoby reacts with itself and the tea to a funky and fizzy tea that catch many people by surprise with each sip. Some might compare the tea brew to a mixture of green or black tea and champagne. Kombucha can give you a very therapuetic feeling along with several gastrointestinal health benefits
.Kombucha is turns into somewhat of a super-drink containing live probiotic bacteria beneficial to the natural stomach flora, a range of B vitamins such as 1,3,6,9,and 12 as well as vitamin C, and many acids that are extremely beneficial to the human body.
There are more health benefits in kombucha than fingers on your two hands:
- Detoxification by an acid contained in the tea that attaches itself to the toxins in the liver and eliminates them through the kidney.
- The large amount of organic acids and glucoronic acid gives Anti-oxidant power
- Cancer, the detoxifaction effects contribute to preventing cancers such as breast and pancreatic.
- There are several Anti-microbial components that help to fend off bacteria such as E. coli and Staph infection
- Diabetes by supporting deterence of high blood glucose levels
- Arthritis, hyaluronic acid preserves joint elasticity
- Cholesterol, research has provided numbers pointing towards the fact that they reduce quantities of LDL cholesterol
- Gastric Ulcers, antioxidants and phenols help guard gastric tissues.
- Cellular Health
- Promotes healthy Digestion with the several probiotic qualities gained from the active fermentation
- Stronger Immune Health, the numerous antioxidants help in supporting the immune system
You can find kombucha in almost any grocery store nowadays as alot of America is looking more into nutrition and trying to be as healthy as they can be. Be sure to try many flavors of kombucha as the health benefits are irrefutable.
By Calvin Burke